Annual ryegrass can be planted almost year around. As long as nighttime temperatures are above 40 degrees and daytime temperatures are above 55 degrees, adequate germination and growth can be accomplished. Fall ... South: September through March, depending on location. Fall ... North: August through October. Spring: As soon as the temperatures are adequate. Can be frost seeded. If overseeding warm-season pastures, mow or graze warm-season grasses short before planting annual ryegrass to aid in establishment.
• Always take a soil test and consult your local extension service or fertilizer dealer for specific recommendations.
• Sowing: depending on the results of the soil test, a complete fertilizer such as 16-16-16 is helpful for establishment.
• Correct soil acidity, best between 5.5 and 7.
• A minimum of 30-40 units of nitrogen after each grazing or cutting will maximizeforage production.
• Graze lightly when grass reaches 6 inches.
• Never graze below 3 inches.
• Short intensive grazing is ideal.
• Avoid grazing when frozen.
• Rotate out of grazing for 14-21 days.
• Never cut below 3 inches.
• Highest quality is at vegetative maturity.
• Optimum level of yield to quality ratio will usually maximize at boot stage.
2 yr. ave. 2013-14
DH-3 5668 Jackson 5629 Marshall 5453 Passerel Plus 5116 Fria 5114
DH-3 7956 Marshall 7627 Fria 7498 Lonestar 7441 Jackson 6700
3 yr. ave. 2012-14
DH-3 4946 Bulldog Graze 3424 Nelson 4302 Jackson 4323 Fria 4736
tons/acre DH-3 3.47 Maximus 3.30 Grazer 3.30 Marshall 3.30 Hercules 3.17
Blackhawk arrowleaf clover was developed by Dr. G. R. Smith with Texas A&M Agrilife Research in Overton, Texas. Advanced dark seeded selections from Yucchi, Amclo, and...Learn More
Intermediate tetraploid ryegrass
Boost intermediate tetraploid ryegrass is an exciting new variety developed by OreGro research for producing high yields of highly nutritious, palatable forage. Whether...Learn More
Companion ladino white clover was developed by OreGro research. Selected from an extensive collection gathered in late summer from pastures and fields in the Willamette...Learn More
Tetraploid Annual Ryegrass
Diamond T tetraploid annual ryegrass was developed by OreGro research to provide a high quality, high yielding variety with world-wide adaptability. Currently used on five...Learn More