Lawns, parks: 8-10 lb per 1,000 sqft
Sports fields: 10 lb per 1,000 sqft
Roadsides: 150-250 lb per acre
• Always take a soil test and consult your local extension service or fertilizer dealer for specific recommendations.
• Sowing: depending on the results of the soil test, a complete fertilizer such as 16-16-16 at 5 lb per 1,000 sqft, is helpful for establishment.
• Correct soil acidity, best between 5.5 and 7.
• Applying 1 lb of nitrogen per 1,000 sqft four times per year will keep the turf a pleasant green color. One of the applications should be made in the late fall.
• Sowing: Keep soil uniformly moist until grass has emerged. Reduce watering, depending on weather conditions.
• Maintenance: Depending on weather conditions, irrigate as needed to prevent wilting and dormancy. Irrigating deeply and infrequently will force deeper rooting and enhance drought tolerance.
• Healthiest mowing height is between 3 and 4.5 inches.
• Mow when no more than 1/3 of the leaf blade is removed.
• Sports fields may be mowed shorter for short periods of time.
• Roadsides/low maintenance: mow once per year up to once a month. Mow higher for better turf resilience.
Schedule A- Turf Quality
1-9 ; 9= Ideal turf Inferno 6.3 Escalade 6.1 Plantation 5.8 Millennium 5.7 Barlexas II 5.7 Falcon II 5.4 K-31 3.9
(MI, NE, NJ)
9= Ideal turf Escalade 6.4 Masterpiece 6.4 Cochise III 5.4 Rendition 5.3 Cayenne 5.2 DaVinci 5.1 Pure Gold 5.0
Brown Patch Resistance
1-9 ; 9= No disease Rebel Exeda 7.4 Escalade 6.7 Southern Choice 6.4 Falcon IV 6.3 Grande II 6.0 Rebel Sentry 5.8 Lancer 5.1
1-9 ; 9= Finest leaf Inferno 6.8 Escalade 6.3 Ultimate 6.2 Millennium 5.5 Trooper 5.4 Falcon II 5.1 K-31 3.1
1-9 ; 9= Maximum Density Escalade 7.1 Ultimate 7.1 Millennium 6.5 Trooper 6.4 Falcon II 6.2 K-31 4.5
Brea perennial ryegrass was developed by OreGro Research. An advanced generation synthetic cultivar, Brea was selected for dark green color, excellent turf density, and...Learn More
Living on high, rocky slopes, with bitter cold and snow in the winter and the intense arctic sun in the summer, the Dall sheep survives and thrives in the harshest...Learn More
A new star has risen among the varieties and blends for the golf course market: Desert Star®. Top- ranked varieties are blended to your quality specifications to satisfy...Learn More
Drought Buster® is a blend of three turf-type tall fescue varieties with each variety bringing positive attributes to the blend, such as better heat tolerance, disease...Learn More