Annual ryegrass can be planted almost year around. As long as nighttime temperatures are above 40 degrees and daytime temperatures are above 55 degrees, adequate germination and growth can be accomplished. Fall ... South: September through March, depending on location Fall ... North: August through October. Spring: As soon as the temperatures are adequate. Can be frost seeded. If overseeding warm-season pastures, mow or graze warm-season grasses short before planting annual ryegrass to aid in establishment.
• Always take a soil test and consult your local extension service or fertilizer dealer for specific recommendations.
• Sowing: depending on the results of the soil test, a complete fertilizer such as 16-16-16 is helpful for establishment.
• Correct soil acidity, best between 5.5 and 7.
• A minimum of 30-40 units of nitrogen after each grazing or cutting will maximize forage production.
• Graze lightly when grass reaches 6 inches.
• Never graze below 3 inches.
• Short intensive grazing is ideal.
• Avoid grazing when frozen.
• Rotate out of grazing for 14-21 days.
• Never cut below 3 inches.
• Highest quality is at vegetative maturity.
• Optimum level of yield to quality ratio will usually maximize at boot stage.
Triangle T 8,984 Marshall 8,595 Big Boss 8,280 Jumbo 8,118 Attain 7,961
Triangle T 10,252 Nelson 10,115 Big Boss 10,037 Prine 9,987 Attain 9,654
Triangle T 10,252 Nelson 9,209 Big Boss 9,201 Prine 9,082 Attain 8,934
Triangle T 8,460 Tetrastar 8,165 Surrey Nova 8,117 Gulf 7,696 Fria 7,436
Blackhawk arrowleaf clover was developed by Dr. G. R. Smith with Texas A&M Agrilife Research in Overton, Texas. Advanced dark seeded selections from Yucchi, Amclo, and...Learn More
Intermediate tetraploid ryegrass
Boost intermediate tetraploid ryegrass is an exciting new variety developed by OreGro research for producing high yields of highly nutritious, palatable forage. Whether...Learn More
Companion ladino white clover was developed by OreGro research. Selected from an extensive collection gathered in late summer from pastures and fields in the Willamette...Learn More
DH-3 diploid annual ryegrass is the result of a polycross between Marshall, Ribeye, and TAM90 annual ryegrasses. DH-3 combines the quick establishment and forage yield of...Learn More