Drill: 25-30 lb per acre
Broadcast: 30-35 lb per acre
Overseed: 25-40 lb per acre
• Always take a soil test and consult your local extension service or fertilizer dealer for specific recommendations.
• Sowing: depending on the results of the soil test,a complete fertilizer such as 16-16-16 is helpful for establishment.
• Correct soil acidity, best between 5.5 and 7.
• A minimum of 30-40 units of nitrogen after each grazing or cutting will maximize forage production.
• Graze lightly when grass reaches 6 inches.
• Never graze below 3 inches.
• Short intensive grazing is ideal.
• Avoid grazing when frozen.
• Rotate out of grazing for 14-21 days.
• Never cut below 3 inches.
• Highest quality is at vegetative maturity.
• Optimum level of yield to quality ratio will usually maximize at boot stage.
3 yr. ave, 2017-20
lbs./acre TAMTBO 8,021 Nelson 7,298 Passerel Plus 6,855 Gulf 6,853 Prine 6,293
Louisiana (3 locations)
3 yr. ave, 2017-20
lbs./acre TAMTBO 7,978 Prine 7,908 Nelson 7,661 Earlyploid 7,473 Gulf 7,193
lbs./acre TAMTBO 7,838 Nelson 7,737 Tetrastar 7,566 Earlyploid 7,298 Prine 7,124
3 yr. ave, 2014-17
lbs./acre TAMTBO 8,292 Big Boss 8,060 Attain 7,804 Passerel Plus 7,600 Gulf 6,738
Blackhawk arrowleaf clover was developed by Dr. G. R. Smith with Texas A&M Agrilife Research in Overton, Texas. Advanced dark seeded selections from Yucchi, Amclo, and...Learn More
Intermediate tetraploid ryegrass
Boost intermediate tetraploid ryegrass is an exciting new variety developed by OreGro research for producing high yields of highly nutritious, palatable forage. Whether...Learn More
Companion ladino white clover was developed by OreGro research. Selected from an extensive collection gathered in late summer from pastures and fields in the Willamette...Learn More
DH-3 diploid annual ryegrass is the result of a polycross between Marshall, Ribeye, and TAM90 annual ryegrasses. DH-3 combines the quick establishment and forage yield of...Learn More